Community Health Services Department / Child Health & Dental Services Department
Healthy Living Lambton
This page was reviewed or revised on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:58 AM
Healthy Communities Partnership
Funded by the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport
In 2009 the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport announced their new initiative, the Healthy Communities Fund.
The vision for the Healthy Communities fund is: Healthy Communities working together and Ontarians leading healthy and active lives.
The specific goals of the framework are to:
- Create a culture of health and well-being
- Build healthy communities through coordinated action
- Create policies and programs that make it easier for Ontarians to be healthy
- Enhance the capacity of community leaders to work together on health living.
The Healthy Communities Fund specifies six priority areas:
- Physical Activity, Sport and Recreation
- Healthy Eating
- Tobacco Use/Exposure
- Injury Prevention
- Substance and Alcohol Misuse
- Mental Health Promotion
For more information on the provincial Healthy Communities Strategy:
Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
The Healthy Living Lambton, Healthy Communities Partnership, Coordinating Committee, is a group of community partners working to create a shared vision with identified key priorities, to activate the community to create and implement healthy public policy.
Our partnership includes:
- Kevin Edwards, City of Sarnia, Manager of Planning
- Myles Vanni, Executive Director, Inn of the Good Shepherd
- Alison Mahon, Community Member
- Dave Posslif, Manager of Planning Development, County of Lambton
- Lorri Kerrigan, Social Planning & Program Support, County of Lambton
- Dave Brown, Executive Director, United Way
- Kevin Churchill, Manager, Community Health Services, County of Lambton
- Darren Winger, Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration Regional Advisor
- Lise Ruest, Le Centre Culturel Francophone Joillet
To join the partnership or to learn more, contact:
Lana Smith, Healthy Living Lambton, Healthy Communities Partnership, Coordinator
Phone 519 344-2062, ext 2107 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
A Healthy Sarnia-Lambton Community Picture Report
The Healthy Living Lambton, Healthy Communities Partnership completed a Community Picture Report summarizing information from Healthy Living Lambton's community planning and assessment activities undertaken within the scope and framework of the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport Healthy Communities Fund.
The Community Picture Summary includes:
- A demographic profile of the Sarnia Lambton Community.
- Health Status indicators comparing local data on provincial rates.
- Local data and trends collected for healthy community priority areas.
- Recommended actions for community partners to consider.
The top recommended policy that the Healthy Living Lambton Partnership will be working on:
- Establish municipal planning and transportation polices that increase access to healthy food.
Community Picture Report
Community Picture Summary